Monday, April 30, 2007

Post-election carve-up

Hi all,

Well the results of the State election are in (a while ago now). A summary:

The ALP won convincingly overall. The Liberals regained a seat or two they lost to independents in past bi-elections. The Nationals picked up a seat or two.

The upper house result for the Greens was great. We scored almost 9% with a positive swing to us. the upper house campaign should be delighted with the re-election of lee Rhiannon and the introduction of a new Greens MLC Dr. John Kaye. Well done John!!!! I can think of no one more qualified to represent the people of NSW and the Greens. I look forward to his style of politics.

The seats in the Hawkesbury were a mixed bag. The seat of hawkesbury scored less than 6% and Londonderry scored less than 7%. i would like to thank all of the committed Hawkesbury greens members who helped on election day and on the lead up to the election.

The election was a fantastic experience. I hope to participate in future elections for the Greens in some capacity. The upcoming the federal Election poses many challenges for the Greens with the resurgence of the ALP. I hope to participate in the campaigning, particularly on the Senate campaign.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 am, Blogger Nick said...

It's great news that John Kaye has a seat. Of course he deserved to get a senate seat but I think his credentials as an education advocate will have more immediate relevance in state parliament. I'm looking forward to more of his diatribes against the funding of private schools.

Did I tell you how I forwarded some of Wade's education emails to my father? He was impressed with the Greens' position (and with Wade, I think). I reckon public school teachers could become a big source of Greens voters. You should forward some of John's press releases to that union rep at your school, see if you can't pry him away from the ALP!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home