Friday, December 08, 2006

Mum and Dad Politics


Congratulations to Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard for taking the Labor leadership. I guess it needed to have happened but this late in the term?

Will they be able to topple Howard? Perhaps. I feel they have started the week off very well, portraying themselves as the mum and dad figure of politics. It is shades of Mel and Kochie from Seven's Sunrise programme. On some level it makes me gag but maybe it will work.

I was hoping to turn my attention to the Liberal Party but I won't be able to help myself but scrutinise Rudder's every move.

One last thing I will say is that Gillard has positioned herself best to become Prime Minister. With Rudd, he is taking a huge gamble on the next election. He may self-destruct like Latham (although I doubt it) if he loses the election meaning Gillard will take the leadership in a following election where Labor should win. Alternatively, Rudd wins an election where Gillard will take over Rudd at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home