Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tidbits

Sigh. Another leadership challenge in the brewing for the Labor Party. Although I do approve of getting rid of the fool they have and to be replaced by Rudd and Gillard, I don't know if I like the timing. Beazley should never have been put back in.

On another note, Quiggan points out that the Iraq war has produced over 1 million refugees but the US has not relaxed its immigration laws and has only allowed 202 Iraqi refugees into the US. I would like to know the statistics for Australia. I will endeavour to find out.

Yet another aside, today's SMH has a good piece from Gittins (as always) lambasting the Government on not attacking poverty. Whats even more interesting is that the Brotherhood of StLawrence, one of the organisations Gittens takes a swipe at, has a story in the same edition states that giving 15-20 year olds the dole 'sends all the wrong signals'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home