Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bob finally bit the bullet - 2007 becomes even more interesting

So the NSW State Premier Bob Carr has retired huh? Few leaders have done it and he has to be given credit for longevity. But that is all I am willing to give him.

The first time I could vote was in the 1999 State election. I crumpled up my lower house ballot paper and considered to do the same for the table cloth upper house ballot paper. In the end I voted Green. At the time, I was so annoyed at all of the mainstream politicians and was not sure how to vote. I certainly was not a Greens member at the time due to lack of knowledge of the party in NSW.

So I am glad to say I never once voted for Bob Carr and the state ALP.

The 2007 state election will be very interesting. I have my doubts that Carr's replacement will be abled to rebuild the ALP's reputation in NSW. On the other hand, people either don't know who the opposition leader is - which btw is John Brogden for those of you who don't know ;-) - and those who do seem indifferent.

Three upper house seats at the next election for the Greens doesn't sound so much like a pipe-dream anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home